Company Manager & Administrator Vacancy
MPAA are looking for:
Self-motivated and highly efficient Company Manager/Administrator required to work within a full-time Performing Arts Academy based in North London for immediate start.
Duties will include:
- Day-to-day running management of MPAA including answering phones, taking messages, replying to email enquiries, fielding emails, etc
- Being the central point of communication and information including:
- Managing student & staff records including DBS checks, insurance certificates, contracts etc.
- Communicating effectively with staff & students including incoming cohort for each academic year
- Taking and distributing of minutes at meetings
- Overseeing the administration of shows/external events/auditions including:
- Audition days, offers, and scholarships
- Theatre trips and receipt of payments
- Production assistance including prop/costume sourcing, scheduling, coordination and distribution of scripts/scores
- Financial assistance including responsibility for petty cash and purchasing office supplies, tracking and reconciliation of student payments.
- Regular and ongoing contact with suppliers, production teams, licensing companies and theatres/external venues
- Assisting the Core Academy Staff with:
- Executive diary management
- Administrative support
- Building and maintaining a database of industry contacts
- First point of contact for students
- Organizing end-of-term assessments for students, in liaison with faculty
- Typing, compiling, and preparing reports, presentations, and correspondence
- Managing databases, spreadsheets, and filing, & implementing/maintaining procedures/administrative systems for both MPAA & UWL requirements.
The ideal candidate should have excellent command of the English language, be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel & GSuite, be organised and able to work on their own initiative. A background in theatre/dance would be useful but not essential. Successful applicants would receive on the job training in online contact management systems and various IT packages so an aptitude for learning is essential.
Key skills required:
- Discretion and trustworthiness – You will often be party to confidential information
- Flexibility and adaptability
- High attention to detail
- The ability to be proactive and use your own initiative
- Tact and diplomacy & outstanding communication skills, both orally and written
- Outstanding organisational and time-management skills, the ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload and to work under pressure
- Up-to-date with latest office gadgets and applications
- Knowledge of theatre and dance
- Knowledge of standard software packages and the ability to learn company-specific software.
- An awareness of social media platforms
- DBS checked (will be DBS checked on appointment if not)
- First Aid trained
- Current interest and knowledge of the UK and New York theatre industry
MPAA is committed to equality and diversity in employment and all our activities. We ensure that the successful candidate is selected on the basis of their relevant merits and that people are given equal opportunities at MPAA.
Deadline for Application Submission – Friday 10th March 2023
Interviews – W/C 13th March 2023
Interested Applicants should e-mail a CV and Covering letter to: [email protected]